Subtract Element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subtract Element

How does this thing work? Can't find one word in the Help or in the videos!

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

What a day of learning! Subtract Element does NOT work when in 3D. Get out of 3D and it works find!

Juli in Kona

Comment

It sounds like you are learning a lot today Juli! I am glad you post it, I think I read every single thread, and that is how I am learning. I am still a baby on the Amaya world though!
      Jazmin from Mexico in San Antonio <br /><a href=\"http://www.PoshLittleThings.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PoshLittleThings.com</a><br /> <a href=\"http://www.etsy.com/shop/poshlittlethings\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.etsy.com/shop/poshlittlethings</a>

Comment

What does it do Juli??
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

If you have a flower and then make a leaf that goes under some of the petals and is peeking out between other petals and comes out the other side to attach to a branch, you can make the whole leaf and then substract those parts under the flower - easily. This is a rather automatic function. You would, in this case, select the leaf FIRST and then the flower. When you select two elements the Combine and the Subtract Elements icons turn red and blue from gray. I don't think it works with fonts. But you could always make them wireframe, group them together or combine (well maybe not combine) and then try the subtract thing.

Juli in Kona

Comment

Thanks I always could do that with my other software "Remove underlying stitches" we called it could never figure how to do it in DS.

Thanks
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

The subtract element tool only works with fill stitch elements.

Although, if you create two fill elements and then change the stitch type to satin, it will still work.

But if you create two satin stitch columns that cross each other, it will not work even if you change the stitch type to a fill....it is a one way street, fill elements only.....

Juli,

I had to try it both ways...in 3D and non-3D...didn't matter, worked both ways for me in Ver 9.

Rod Springer
              Amaya Tech & Trainer
              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

That's odd because I tried several times when in 3D. The first time out of 3D it worked. My dongle is downstairs and I am not going down there tonight!

Juli in kona

Comment

What product level is that in?

Comment

The only product levels in Design Shop that allow Combining and Subtracting of fill elements are "Pro" and "Pro +".

Ed
                    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
                    X