Change stitch direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change stitch direction

How do I get the stitch direction to change with a column? I am using a satin stitch and want the stitches to change as they go around curves and corners. I know this is pretty basic, but I am blank right now.

Cindy,
    The column's width stitch points also define the stitch direction of a column stitch. This could get a little involved if you are using a "Column #2" or a "Complex Column" style of column stitch (Column #2 is found in DS version 7 and below).

Also, if you are using Design Shop Pro or Pro +, you will have a feature in one of your tool bars named appropriately "Stitch Direction". Click on this button and the software will allow you to manipulate the stitch direction along the entire column using stitch direction lines. You can also add or subtract the number of stitch direction lines that are used to edit the column's stitch directions.

If you don't have the higher levels of DS software, your options will be limited.

Hope this helps,
    Ed Orantes
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Sorry Guys & Gals,
      I meant to say (the "Complex Column" is found in Design Shop ver 7).

In version 9, you only have the choice of Column #1 & #2.

Ed
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
      X