Letter minimum width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter minimum width

Why can't I change the width of a letter. I am using Garman-Dak (I think) at .5 height, using Design Shop Pro+ Version 9. What exactly is the name of the item I need to change to make it thicker? Maybe I am changing the wrong thing.

Are there alphabets that don't change? It seems like I can change some alphabets, but not others.

You're talking about two different things.

Letter width is changed on the same screen as where you type the lettering, one box below where you select the type style. It changes how wide an entire letter is. For example, if the letter N is one inch wide, and you want it to be only 8/10 of an inch wide, you would change the width from 100% to 80%.

If you want to change the thickness of the columns that form each letter, click on the "Column" tab" ABOVE the box where you type the lettering. In the "Column Width Adjustment" box, increase or decrease by percentage.

I'm using version 7, so hopefully nothing has changed.

Judy

Comment

You can also click the letters so a box shows up. You can expand or contract that box which will change the height and width of the text.

Comment

Cindy and Judy
        I want to thank you I have been trying to figure out how to make letters fatter. Who would have thought under colum pull comp
        Thanks
        Kathy

Comment

Working...
        X