Large Lettering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Lettering

I have been asked to embroider a single-letter monogram on a bath sheet. The customer likes a block style letter, and I have used Bookman DAK on some work for them in the past. For this type of towel, the recommended monogram size is 4-5". Even using the Bookman font at 3", the column width ranges from 120-165 pts. I have tried the auto-split (on screen), and do not like the way it looks. Does anyone have any recommendations (either technique or lettering that will work better)?

Thanks,
    Robert Brooks<br />Buy The Stitch<br />Custom Embroidery & Graphics

Did the customer request Bookman for the monogram? DesignShop comes with a monogram font. (I think it has a couple of them.) Do not use satin stitch for a 4" letter, it will come apart after a couple washes and from people rubbing thier grubby hands all over it. Use a fill stitch with underlay and solvy on top. The stitch count will be higher but it will last 10 times as long.

Comment

I use a 2 inch letter for one letter monograms for bath sheets per most of my customer requests.
      Linda
      Logos In Thread, Inc.

Originally posted by Buy The Stitch:
      I have been asked to embroider a single-letter monogram on a bath sheet. The customer likes a block style letter, and I have used Bookman DAK on some work for them in the past. For this type of towel, the recommended monogram size is 4-5". Even using the Bookman font at 3", the column width ranges from 120-165 pts. I have tried the auto-split (on screen), and do not like the way it looks. Does anyone have any recommendations (either technique or lettering that will work better)?

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks for the replies. You confirmed my thoughts concerning a fill stitch. I sewed them out yesterday, and they looked great!
        Robert Brooks<br />Buy The Stitch<br />Custom Embroidery & Graphics

Comment

Working...
        X