Lettering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lettering

Does anyone have a check list or outline of things to do when creating lettering sew files. For example, putting in underlay, short stitches on ect.

No, I have not been to training yet and it does not look like I am going to be able to go. Yes, I have watched the CD's. Thought possibly I could get more practical information from the group.

Thanks, Wendy
    Wendy Phillips<br />PPF Designs

Lettering is the worst thing for me if it is small lettering.
    You will probably recieve tons of replies so read them and take notes! Some lettering just is not made for small (or large) lettering...and some fonts are horrible on textured fabric, like fleece, cordoroy, ribbed, etc. because the 'serifs' are too small to look good. Other fonts may be too thin or narrow to look decent large.
    I find that I have to doublecheck the properties on all fonts when I use them...for some reason they default to 'as digitized' for connection points instead of 'closest point' which is optimum...sometimes there is additional underlayment (centerline, border, etc.) which should not be there-the Melco fonts are already digitized with all that and extra underlayment will lead to thread breaks-too tight in some areas. Other fonts I have to add a centerline because none is there and the lettering looks bad without it-or needs the extra underlayment to sit up on the fabric.

Comment

Okay, I am currently running in to the problem that I seem to have a lot. Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Customer ordered a Cotton Twill long sleeve shirt by Blue Generation. Wants lettering down the right arm vertically in a script font white thread outlined in tan. I chose Brush script, 1 inch, set base line to verticle,turned the auto density on, short stitches on, primary underlay to zigzag. Turned auto borders on, stitch borders last, column width 18pt., underlay zigzag.

I am using the auto acti-feed. I keep getting fraying, popping thread breaks. I loosened the bobbin some and have cleaned the bobbin case since I am using fast frames with the adhesive backing. I ran four shirts before this one with no problems. They had different fonts. So I guess I must be doing something wrong with this one.

I would appreciate if anyone could enlighten me.

Thanks, Wendy

Comment

Thanks Ed & Sharon for your help. I really appreciate it.

Still curious though, am I doing anything wrong when setting up the lettering? Can you find any errors in the specifications that I had set for it?

Thanks, Wendy

Comment

Working...
        X