needle guard gap vs needle to hook gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needle guard gap vs needle to hook gap

I've asked this before, but got no answer. Since both the needle guard gap adjustment and the needle to hook adjustment both move the hook basket toward or away from the needle aren't they the same adjustment just done with the hook basket in a different position? In other words, in both adjustments aren't I just moving the hook basket backward or forward in relation to the needle and in changing one I necessarily change the other?

I am not sure what your referring to.
    You can adjust the rotary hook by setting the timing. I think the "basket you are referring to
    is where your bobbin case rest. you adjust this by loosening the set screws on the main shaft.
    I am not sure what you mean by needle guard
    are you speaking of the finger that keeps the bobbin from spinning freely. it does not move the basket at all it is just there to keep the bobbin case in correct position.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

The hook basket is the same as the bobbin case holder and can be adjusted by the loosening the set screws. 1.The technical manual calls the space between the needle and the back of this assembly, when the needle is at bottom center, the needle guard gap. 2.The hook timing refers to the rotational position of the hook relative to the needle, when the needle is in the correct z position. 3.It calls the space between the hook point and the needle, also when it is in the correct z axis position, the needle to hook gap. 4.The finger that keeps the bobbin case holder or basket from spinning around is called either the hook support or retaining support finger and also must be positioned correctly in relation to the hook basket.

In performing the hook timing procedure, each of these are adjusted in the order in which I have listed them above. My question is since adjusting both 1 & 3 involve moving the hook basket forward or backward, doesn't one necessarily change the other?

Comment

Working...
      X