No announcement yet.

Motor problem, how to test and replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor problem, how to test and replace?

Hi,

I am getting an X motor error on my Amaya big red.
    This happens when I boot up it will not move to center the hoop or do anything.

The PCB was tested and is fine.
    The Y motor seem tight and with the machine off it is hard to move the arms of the machine forward and back.

I can see the Z motor work at boot up. I can see the X motor (the one with the cable wrapped around it move a hair when booting up. The Y motor I see no movement.

So I assume it is a bad X or Y motor and I need to replace it.

Is there a motor test in the software or light on the PCB or some way to tell if the motor is bad?

I have an Amaya XT I guess I could pull working parts off it and test until I get it working and then order the correct motor.

Any tips or advice?

Thanks,
    Steve

Impressions
    Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

Steve,

First things first....In my travels, I see the Y rails that the panograph travels back and forth on are so dry from lack of lubrication that you can hardly push it back and forth. Lubricate these rails by swabbing them full length with oil and adding extra oil in the oiling ports....push the panograph back and forth and free this system up until it travels smoothly.

Same for the X beam rails except use the "multi-purpose" grease to lubricate the rails. Push the X-beam back and forth to free up the system. ....

The reciprocater shaft and needlebars can be suspect when friction and drag can be involved with motor function. make sure these have proper lubrication also...

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
    X