trimmer-slingshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trimmer-slingshots

I have a problem with one of my machines. When the trimming operation happens, it slingshots the thread.--every time---.

Useing the trimmer Home fixture, I have set the knife and selector to factory setting.
    Checked both push-pull cables for bends, and installed a new sharp knife.

What am I forgetting?

If this is an XT or XTS there is a side to side adjustment under the Needle Plate. Your selector is missing the top thread in the right place and cutting it short. I come through there noes in awhile and was in Nashville last week let me know if you need a visit.
    Ted II
    [email protected]

Comment

Hey James.... ur trimmers r fine. Take it off Auto (I cant stand Auto) INCREASE ur Material Thickness. The thread is sling shotting bc the thread is too tight......
      Onlu time to use Auto is when the gaurmet thickness actually changes..... like on a hat with a seam in the center....
      Good Luck....
      TJ
      Melco Certified Amaya Tech

Comment

Sorry to disagree TJ but Auto should be able to be used ALL the time. We use it on all our machines. There are some machines out there that need the trimmer adjusted and Rod has adjusted many. I am sure Rod will have something to add to this when he gets home.
        Sharon
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I agree with you, Sharon- auto helps the machine compensate when there are layers upon layers in a design- and lots of mine have up to 4 layers at times. Auto is the way I go almost 100% of the time. Back to the subject- most of the time if I just clean and lubricate my trimmer mechanism, it turns out to be all that is needed...
          Gregory

Comment

James

Sharon and Greg are correct.If you clean the trimmers and are still having problems. there are other things to look at, but don't put the machine in standard mode.

The whole concept of the Amaya was to eliminate the old style tensioning systems, and give you better control of your embroidery. That is what the Aoto feed is there for.

Hugo Torbidoni
            301-471-3157
            Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

I thank you very much guys for the help.
              I cleaned and oiled the trimmer assy. and made sure it was in Auto mode.
              After reading some historical postings on trimmers, I checked the RH timing, which was a little off.

All these things appear to have solved the problem. Thank you again.

Comment

What causes this slingshot when it happens when the machine is sewing, (not trimming?)Is it that the program isn't sending the signal to increase the feed and alowing it to tighten and break? Iv'e seen this happen to our machines from time to time and Iv'e seen here that others have had this happen. You just rethread the needle and it goes on it way. Just curious. Bill from Fine Line

Comment

Ok....my turn...the primary reason for the slingshots....the selector...it has a fish hook shape on the point of it.

The selectors job is to separate a very small triangle of top thread. At the high point of the triangle, it is attached to the bottom side of the garment along with the bobbin thread. When the selector fires, it travels forward splitting the top thread triangle. On the right side of the triangle you also have the bobbin thread. As the selector reaches its most forward stroke, it allows the top thread on the right along with the bobbin thread to slip in behind the fish hook.

Now if the trimmer system is not lubricated, has debris in it, is hampered by adhesive sprays or sticky backing use and cannot slide freely without binding, or is not adjusted so that the travel is not sufficient to allow it to pick up the top and bobbin thread at the right time, then the threads will not be pulled back to where the knife can cut them cleanly.

It is now time for the grabber blade to try to pick up the cut thread and stuff it out of the way into the grabber trap. If the threads are not cut or are frayed or partially cut then the grabber blade will stretch it out to its breaking point and like a rubberband....prrrroingggg....when it breaks, there it goes, sling shotting up thru the eyelets....

That folks is the true "sling shot"......

Bills question about sling shotting while sewing, not during trimming, in my opinon, would be more related to a rotary hook issue or maybe even more related to the position of the retaining support finger gap being to close or a burr on the finger, anything that could hook the thread thereby stretching it to the point of breaking under pressure...same result, the thread will sling shot back....

All of this has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the Auto Acti-feed is being used or not. I agree with the posts that say Auto Acti-feed should be used the majority of the time.

Rod Springer
                  Amaya Tech & Trainer
                  Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
                  X