Color Change Stepper Index Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Change Stepper Index Error

Hello everyone! I'm new to the board, but I am having problems with an Amaya XT. I have been getting error messages ranging from Color change seek error, not at head up, color change stepper index error-off index while sewing, z-axis timeout error. I had just finished doing some routine maintenance on the machine and for some reason this started happening. I've been researching the discussion boards to see about any related topics, but no luck. Please help!!! I don't know what to do at this point! Thank you to all!!!
    Shay
    Shay<br />[email protected]

Hmm

I am having the same issue. The need bar and pressure foot are both down and it looks like it tried to change colors and did not and snapped the needle off. I can't get the need bar to go back up or the pressure foot. The machine says the same errors "color change stepper error"

Thanks,
    Steve
    Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

Comment

Hi Steve,

I'm in Philly and having the exact same issue and just here searching the boards before I cry and try to find a tech. This happened late Saturday, the last day before our vacation, so guess where I am on the first day of vacation???

Problem started because I slid the hoop out to remove a pin before starting and got distracted and didn't put the hoop all the way back. I hit emergency stop immediately but hear some horrible crash, but it didn't look like it hit the hoop. Presser foot and needle stayed down. We managed to get the foot up enough to free the garment and hoop by taking off the arms and manually moving the z driveshaft (per Rod's suggestion on another thread). Then I mused out loud "wonder if we can move to another needle" and my partner thought I told her to and then BOOM...series of crunches and now 2 needles down (but movable), presser foot partway down and color change stepper index error.

If you have any ideas, please post! I'm going to post this on the boards as well.
      Thanks, and hope your machine is working like a trooper!

Kim @ Athena Embroidery Accents

Comment

Working...
      X