Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosing effects when converting to wireframe

Hi everybody,
    I have been noticing that when I convert a design I have purchased to wireframe in DSv9 Pro, I seem to loose the special effects that were programmed into the design. For example, I have a border design that I commissioned to have digitized featuring a heavy loft. When I open the design up in wireframe the loft is gone and it seems flattened out. I've noticed this also on some stock designs I've purchased. I know the design I commissioned was digitized using Wilcom so I am wondering if this is a factor when getting inside the design via wireframe in the DSv9.

Is there a way to preserve - or see - the effects from designs programmed in other software when working with them on DS?

Thanks,
    Steve

The very best thing to do is to have it digitized in Design Shop. Then you can tweak all you want without losing all those special effects. Otherwise, opening a dst or any other format in DS, you are really just converting to wireframe and thne DS does the fills in its generic way.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Originally posted by Juli in Kona View Post
      The very best thing to do is to have it digitized in Design Shop. Then you can tweak all you want without losing all those special effects. Otherwise, opening a dst or any other format in DS, you are really just converting to wireframe and thne DS does the fills in its generic way.
      Thanks Juli,
      Do you have any recommedations for such a digitizer?

Comment

Working...
      X