New to embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to embroidery

Hi! Can someone please tell me how to work the continuous underlay in DS V10! I want to embroider the entire underlay than put a piece of foam than embroider the top stiching! when I turn on continuos underlay it embroiders the underlay the top stitching back to back by individual letter! Can you please tell me what's I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by Print Or Press; 03-22-2016, 04:29 PM.

If you are attempting 3D foam embroidery there is a ton more to do than what you are thinking.
    Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

I think I did everything else! I just need to know how to do that! If any how u can help me let me know! Thanks

Comment

I changed the density and cap open ends etc. I feel like I'm stuck at the easiest part! I see continuous underly just need to know how to use it!
        Last edited by Print Or Press; 03-22-2016, 07:12 PM.

Comment

I believe continuous underlay refers to each individual letter, rather than each segment of a letter, not the entire design. That would be a great feature though. You will need to do this manually if that is what you are after.
          Last edited by ckramer; 03-23-2016, 08:16 AM. Reason: Additional information

Comment

You can set up a separate color (copy) of the lettering setting the top stitching in the layer to the settings you want for underlay "no under lay".
            Then set the second (copy) to sew down your foam (as an edge walk under lay) and finish the design with a satin stitch.
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

Oh ok that's what it means! I will try doing it manually and respond! Thanks for the help

Comment

Thanks! I think I understand exactly what your saying! I will try this and respond! I appreciate your input!

Comment

When digitizing for 3D foam there should be no underlay applied over the foam.
                  There should be an edge walk around the element at 18 points set at 2 points inside the element. This is what cuts the foam allowing you to remove the unwanted piece. The top stitch should be a satin at a density of 2 - 2-5 points.
                  A fill stitch should not be used as it defeats the purpose of the foam.
                  Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Herb
                    I have no idea why but "print or press" wanted to underlay then foam.
                    I have done this a few times when the fabric is not firm enough to keep the foam
                    from sinking in.
                    I am hoping they report back with their results.
                    [email protected]
                    Jerome in Minnesota
                    (320)259-1151

Comment

Thanks herb! I was not able to try your advice cause I had to go away for a sudden emergency but soon as I came back I did and it worked from the very first hat and I have been getting better ever since! Great advice I appreciate it!

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                        X