XTS not trimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XTS not trimming

I need help, my Amaya XTS stop trimming, it trims 1 out of 50 times. what to do?

Does it go through the motion and just not cut the thread, or does it fail to trim entirely?

Comment

Originally posted by Mama Kass View Post
      Does it go through the motion and just not cut the thread, or does it fail to trim entirely?
      It goes through the motion but not cut the thread.

Comment

Inspect the push rods that activate the trimmer. they are under the cover plate for the sewing arm. they should be dead straight except where they are shaped to fit in the trimmer.
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

The XTS came out with the newer style ACAT trimmer. This needs to be kept very clean and also kept well oiled so that the parts can slide freely. If the Selector portion, which is the lower moveable selector/knife, gets dry, binds and causes too much friction or debris is allowed to build anywhere in this system under the needleplate, the pushrods, Greenwing referred to, can be bent/bowed/kinked from not being able to travel their full throw. This would then now allow the Selector to do its job in picking up the top and bobbin thread and cutting it when it retracts under the upper knife.

First things first.....clean and generously lubricate with oil..

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Should have read...."This would then not allow the Selector......"

Comment

dear Rod and Sharon, i did clean and oil, but no success. maybe i have to take out all ACAT trimmer out to clean it? i was cleaning without taking it out. i am comparing with my other machine, seams motions are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Elena_m View Post
                dear Rod and Sharon, i did clean and oil, but no success. maybe i have to take out all ACAT trimmer out to clean it? i was cleaning without taking it out. i am comparing with my other machine, seams motions are the same.
                Elena, did you look at the pushrods under the cover plate for the sewing arm as described by Jerome? Everything might look ok in the trimmer area, but you still may have bent pushrods.

Comment

It may be that the pushrods that drive the cutter/selector assembly have been bowed or are bent not allowing the assembly to travel its required stroke to be able to pickup the top and bobbin thread. You would have to remove the large lower back plate from the back of the machine and inspect the wire pushrods to see this....

Or....it may be that the cutter/selector module is defective or malfunctioning. If the thread is being picked up but not being cut when the selector retracts, it means only two things...either the module is bad or the pushrod wire(s) are/is bowed or bent and the system is out of adjustment.

If this is happening as much as you have indicated It may be time on this one to contact Melco for a tech support call..... they may decide to replace the module, sorry..

Rod Springer
                  Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Hi everybody, i inspected and seams wire pushrods are ok, the thread is being NOT picked up everytime, some times it picked up and cut is OK, but sometimes is not picked up, no idea why.
                    my machine is under waranty, if i call Melco tech support would i pay for their assistance?

Comment

Just wondering if u had luck fixing this prob I am having same prob only I have the xt not xts ,I have cleaned and ordered new blades knives , sometime cuts sometime not just has serviced and I lub every day I use thanks for any info

Comment

Originally posted by ladydstitches200 View Post
                        Just wondering if u had luck fixing this prob I am having same prob only I have the xt not xts ,I have cleaned and ordered new blades knives , sometime cuts sometime not just has serviced and I lub every day I use thanks for any info
                        hi, i called tecnitian and he fixed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Elena_m View Post
                          hi, i called tecnitian and he fixed out.
                          What did he do?

Comment

Originally posted by Mama Kass View Post
                            What did he do?
                            Tecnitian did trimm timing adjustment, it is not possible to do by yourself, he opened main shift cover, and back site cover and did some job there. and problem was solved.
                            On other time after services i got problem that not all threads were cut. one threads were cut and others not. for this i did by myself color calibration procedure and it warked for me.

Comment

Working...
                            X