Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed Needle

Hi,
    I changed a needle....now it just shreds the thread after a few stitches, changed needle again, burr's?
    Same thing, have redone the needle several times now, yes, its in the right way , yes, its to the right abit.. I'm in the middle of a cap, and got 2 thread breaks, which is my signal to change the needle, changed it, now this.. tried a different pack of needles,, same thing...hummmm?
    Any suggestions?
    Susan
    @Hidden Cottage
    Hidden Cottage

I had a similar problem, called Melco and talked with tech. Was incredulous when he told me I had put the needles all in backwards. I had read the manual carefully (I thought), but he said to try positioning all needles with the long scarf forward facing 'just for giggles'. I agreed to try it, was desperate with all the shredded threads So I turned all the needles around, and voila, the machine embroidered perfectly with no shredded threads. I was grateful for his kind and pleasant manner with a touch of humor.

Comment

Here's a quote from John from a previous thread:

"You might take the hook off and check for burrs with your finger. You can then use super fine sand paper - like 3000 grit and lightly sand away anything you notice. Even the slightest bur can cause thread fraying."

Comment

I don't even know how to do that...
        Hidden Cottage

Comment

Who is the tech in my area?
          Minneapolis, MN
          Hidden Cottage

Comment

Found him....called him!
            Thank You
            Hidden Cottage

Comment

You need to narrow down possible causes. Have you tried the same needle and thread with another design? Have you tried another cone of thread on the same needle? Have you tried using another needle (not a new needle, but switching from needle 6 to needle 10, for example)?

Comment

Working...
              X