Machine Groaning When Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Groaning When Moving

I have 1 machine that just started groaning late yesterday when the needle case moves. No clicking or popping noise like it might do when not in alignment with the gears, just a groan like maybe something needs lubricating. I do more than the scheduled notifications of oiling and lubing the machines, so is there a place I don't know of that may need some lubrication or what might be causing this? I don't want to cause further damage. Thanks

Originally posted by ckramer View Post
    I have 1 machine that just started groaning late yesterday when the needle case moves. No clicking or popping noise like it might do when not in alignment with the gears, just a groan like maybe something needs lubricating. I do more than the scheduled notifications of oiling and lubing the machines, so is there a place I don't know of that may need some lubrication or what might be causing this? I don't want to cause further damage. Thanks
    I had the same thing, I called Melco and held the phone up to my machine so the Tech could hear it..it's a loose cable, underneath the, mine are grey, plastic cover. You need a tool that they send you, and watch a video on how to tighten it. Haven't heard it since.
    Susan
    @Hidden Cottage
    Hidden Cottage

Comment

Thank you Susan! My machine is a bit older than the black grey versions, but still have those cables, so I appreciate your response.

Comment

Unless I'm misunderstanding what cables are being referred to, the ones under the plastic cover are for moving the pantograph. If these cables needed tightening the hoop position would be effected rather than the needle case. I have no idea what the groaning is, but here is a link that talks about Big Red needle case groaning:

Comment

Thanks Mama Kass. Not such good news in the link, but guess I will wait and see. We have already replaced 3 Z motors in this particular machine, I guess it likes to eat up motors. So sad because it's my "hero" of a machine, does the nicest sewing compared to the others.
          Last edited by ckramer; 06-22-2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X