What is this noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this noise?

Does anybody know what this noise could be?

When the machine starts to sew the beginning slow stitches, it sound like something is hitting (banging) but I can't find anything. I have taken the thread plate off and cleaned and oiled everything and it's still doing it. Any help would be appreciated.

I am not in front of a machine but we had a very similiar problem, that sounded as if on of the needle arms was coming loose or hitting something. It turend out that we needed to oil the reservior at the to of the V-rail section above the needle case (not sure of which maintenance timer that on is) but we were following the guidelines of our last OS and it was like 8 to 10 drops of oil every time the timer came up. found out it had been changed to soething like 30 drops and more often, Which is another thing you miss out on if you don't update your software. Anyway a Melco tech had us
    oil the round indent that has the groove that runs into the back of the needle case and the noise went away almost immediatley. and now we run the maintenanceas per the new guidleines.
    I would start with that mainentance timer, and also check to make sure they are turned on. anyway do the oiling and see if it helps, if not hopefully someone with more knowledge will jump in. Good Luck

Ron
    Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

Aaaah....the maintanance timers!!! Yes it is nice to have these timers to remind us of the maintanance that is needed to keep the machhine running properly. Oil and grease to the Amaya is like water for us...we need a drink now and again. Come to think of it , us needing water may be a good analogy for the Amaya machines....what if someone hung a timer around your neck and told you that you could only have a drink when it went off? No matter how hard you work or run or walk or sit, even for days or weeks, etc...you can't have a drink until that timer goes off!!!

The timers have to "assume" that all 16 needles are getting equal wear. Logic will tell you that this is not going to happen! Take for example a one color design of say 15,000 stitches. Lets say that we are going to use needle 8 to run the design on and you have 100 shirts to do. Are you really going to put 1 million 500,000 stitches on one needle bar without putting some extra oil on it????? Well you shouldn't!

Everyone should set their own maintance schedule for lubrication depending on the needle bars that are being used, how hard and how long the machine is being run, the type of garments, i.e., caps with buckram, fleece blankets, lots of fuzz and dust flying around on these...dust and lint soak up oil folks!!

The round indent Ron mentioned, is for the reciprocator shaft lubrication. For every stitch the reciprocator slides up and down the shaft and it does need extra oiling. If the oil pads that hold the oil are worn out because of a lack of lubrication, then all the oil you put in the oiling slot will just run right past the pads or what is left of them and head downwards and eventually wind up on the $600.00 leather jacket you want to sew a pretty on....

My advice here is , do not wait for the timers to always tell you to lube something...the needle bars, the red pinch rollers, the yellow thread feed rollers, the reciprocator and the take-up lever cam disk need that drink, whether it be oil or grease......set your own maintanance schedule and you will be ahead of the game and not behind the 8-ball trying to catch up....

Stitch This,

The knocking noise could be any number of things...not enough information to draw any conclusions here on this one. I would say to depress the E-stop or with the machine off...rotate the Z Axis shaft by hand and find out where this noise is coming from....pinpoint the impact area and see if the needle is hitting somewhere...make sure you don't have a bent needle...see if the rotary hook has slipped on the shaft, i.e., check your hook timing...but find out at what point the rotation is causing something to hit something somewhere....

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Here's another helpful hint a tech showed us...when you start hearing that knocking noise, pop open the magnetic panel behind the threads. Carefully oil the 'rods' you see in there-top and bottom, couple drops each. This will get oil fast to the pads in there and prevent a rod 'freeze up' which happened to us. Also, if you aren't using the Amaya for week or more, add a couple drops of oil in the V rail before starting up. The oil evaporates...so even if you don't use the machine, you lose oil.
        Now, to prevent further oil pad 'dryness' in the same spot-ROTATE your basic thread spools. Don't leave 'black, white, red' on the same needles-this causes extreme wear on those needle rods and dries up the oil pad on that rod and the ones on either side. Get in the habit of moving spools around! When you change threads for a new job after a long run, take the most commonly used colors-and move them to the other end of the needle bar or at least halfway. If black is always on needle 1, move it to 6 or 8, next time to 15 or 16, etc. Otherwise you will find that you get wear just on a couple needles and no where else-and constantly running out of oil but only in the same spot. Eventually oil will be oversaturated everywhere BUT those needle spots and it runs down onto clothing. So move your colors around!

Comment

Cleaning and oiling was all done - timers are all good. It started giving me color change errors. Checked the little yellow wheels - they're good. Reset all the needles. It gets stuck between two needles and won't move - if I use the keypad to move the needle and press it several times it will move. Now I am not getting the color change error but I am hearing a clicking noise in the take up lever area. Have a call into the Tech but he isn't in until tomorrow. Any other ideas unitl I hear from him?

Comment

Working...
          X