Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary Hook knocking

Hi all,

In April I had a tech look at my machine due to a knocking noise in the Rotary hook. Everytime the knock occurred, I would see a surplus of thread shoot out of the hole above the red rollers. I was told I may have been oiling incorrectly which would cause this. The tech did his thing and it stopped. It has started again. Any ideas on what is causing this. I replaced the bobbin case and needle.
    Janet

Janet, the only time my rotary hook "knocked" was when I had forgotten to oil it properly and it was drying out, causing it to make that horrible knocking sound. When it was oiled properly, the noise stopped immediately and has not come back. Make sure you are properly oiling the hook assembly and adjacent components.

I usually oil the rotary hook at the beginning of every day, whether the system timer calls for it or not. Also, if you are using backing that creates a lot of "debris", then blow out the lint and oil more often than normal.
    Jim Sulsona
    Laughing Palm, Inc.

Comment

Another thing....The retaining support finger that holds the rotary hook basket in place MUST be properly gapped using the tool supplied in your starter kit and the small vertical slot the finger goes into must also be kept clean.

Are you using adhesive sprays or adhesive backings?

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
      X